Welcome to Mount St Joseph Milperra
from the Principal Ms Kenney
I take this opportunity to warmly welcome you to the Mount St Joseph Milperra website. Mount St Joseph Milperra is a Catholic systemic girls' school within the Archdiocese of Sydney. Founded in 1960, the school is based on the values and spirit of St Mary of the Cross MacKillop. Our website aims to provide you with a wealth of information about the school.
It is the mission of all members of the school community to embrace the mission of Jesus in the context of Catholic Education and in the spirit of Mary MacKillop, founder of the Sisters of St Joseph. The community is built upon the values of justice, compassion and love of learning this school community nurtures the growth of young women from all backgrounds, challenging them to be self-reliant and to exercise an active role in Church and society. This school community values the dignity of each person and thus promotes respect for self, others, earth and God.
Mount St Joseph Milperra aims to ensure that students have all the skills, knowledge and attributes that would be expected after 13 years of schooling by providing them with a challenging curriculum that links faith and culture so that their personal growth enables them to have the capacity to participate as responsible and productive citizens.
Our school, Mount St Joseph, is part of the mission of the Catholic Church, and more specifically of the Sisters of St Joseph, whose spirit is that of Mary MacKillop. This spirit finds expression in a school community where students from all backgrounds experience being sent as Jesus was. This calls them:
- to develop personal and communal relationships with God;
- to recognise their gifts, abilities and dignity as young women;
- to utilise the opportunities offered to experience learning across a wide-ranging curriculum;
- to think critically, and to act with self-reliance and responsibility in their relationships with others;
- to live their lives in accordance with the Gospel values of justice, compassion, hospitality, forgiveness and a respect for the dignity of all people;
- to believe in the value and importance of education as a means of effecting real change in the world;
- to grow as women of wisdom, trust and integrity and thus to "put on the armour of light".
Mount St Joseph Milperra